CrossFit Nucleus, CrossFit Nucleus – CrossFit
Crossover Symmetry 5-7 reps of Activation before class!!
AND mobilize the shoulder joint if you need to (Foam roll/Lacrosse ball Lats, Upper Back, Front and back of Shoulder, triceps, chest, etc…)
Barbell Complex + Band, 3 Rounds, 5 reps each movement:
– Good Morning
– S2OH Press
– High Hang Muscle Snatch
– Back Squats
– Red Band Pull Aparts w/ 3 second hold at end range of motion (ROM)
Jerk Technique 2 x 5 reps of each
– No Bar Dip, drive, catch (Start w/ Thumbs on shoulders, work on footwork and locking out arms)
– Tall Jerks with bar at forehead standing on tip toes, then drive down into receiving position for a 2+ second pause then Recover
– Empty bar Jerks with Tight Dip, Drive, Then low Catch
(Front heel is flat with knee straight or slightly out, Back foot is active with weight on the ball of the foot and heel is out, Arms Locked, shoulders active, Core is TIGHT)
8 sets, every 2 minutes, roughly 60-70% of 1RM Jerk (really working on getting better at Split Jerking here)
(1) Power Clean + (3) Split Jerks
Power Clean (8 x 1)
Split Jerk (8 x 3)
Metcon (AMRAP – Reps)
Max Set of 4/3 STRICT UNBROKEN Pull Ups/Chin Ups
(you can mix up pull and chin ups from set to set or whatever)
*Scale As needed*
Record the total number of Strict Pull/Chin Ups you record in your unbroken sets
*If pull ups are far from your tool box, just EMOM Strict Ring Rows, Banded Pull Ups, or Partner Pull Ups (pick one and make it a challenge but doable)
Nothing special, Keep good form and make it hurt…. you’ll be better for it!!
2k Row (Time)
Max Effort 2k Row
Utilize bands if you can.
Lats, Shoulders, Chest, Hamstrings, Hip Flexors, Quads, and anything else you need.